I am Ben Dalton
"Ben Dalton is currently investigating the theme of 'design for digital pseudonymity' at the Royal College of Art, London. He holds a permanent position as Principal Lecturer in the Faculty of Arts, Environment & Technology at Leeds Beckett University. He is currently a research member of The Creative Exchange hub and an AHRC (Arts & Humanities Research Council UK) funded doctoral researcher into Digital Public Space at the Royal College of Art. Ben has recently shown work, given talks and run workshops on themes of digital identity performance and control, including at 31c3 Hamburg, ICA London, FACT Liverpool, RCA London, FutureEverything Manchester, Today's Art The Hague, Berghs Stockholm, Abandon Normal Devices Liverpool, WWW2013 Rio de Janeiro, Sensuous Knowledge Bergen, and DIS Newcastle. Ben has a background in ubiquitous computing and mobile sensor networks from the MIT Media Lab, and has conducted research in the Århus University Electron-Molecular Interaction group, University of Leeds Spintronics and Magnetic Nanostructures lab, and Jim Henson’s Creature Shop, London."
"Ben has worked recently as co-investigator on two EPSRC funded research projects into visualising pedestrian usage patterns in interactive urban spaces and wearable computing sensors for ubiquitous computing applications. He has worked on Hewlett-Packard funded development of a GPS music city archive app. He is also currently co-directing with Amber Frid-Jimenez a project titled Data is Political on art, design, and the politics of information, which has included an international symposium funded in part by VERDIKT (Research Council of Norway)."
- Decode FACT: Where do you go to?, workshop, Liverpool, Feb 2014
- Accept Cookies, AND 2013 Fair, FACT Liverpool, Oct 2013
- Data As Place, Sensuous Knowledge, Bergen Jan 2013
- Rethinking Real-time Google Protothon HackDay participant, London Nov 2012
- Dowsing Invisible Cities, Leeds Psychogeography Group Talk, Feb 28th 2012
- Chapeltown Standard artist discussant, Leeds June 2011
- copy connect remap repeat workshop, KHiB Bergen May 2011
- Hidden Trajectories, Viewing Area talk at Terminal Convention, Cork Mar 2011
- Digital Media Labs Residency technical advisor, Hull Oct 2010
- Art in Unusual Spaces residency & show, Leeds Aug 2010